CLICK ON THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD A PDF:
People’s Talking Points on National Improved Medicare for All (NIMA)
for Congressional Candidates
National Improved Medicare for All (NIMA) is supported by a majority of people in the United States. Polls show consistent high support by Democrats (75 to 80%) and Independents (58 to 60%) and growing support by Republicans (46%).
As a Congressional candidate, your party is encouraging you avoid speaking about or supporting NIMA. As constituents, we are asking you to have the courage to support NIMA publicly. Below are the what we consider to be the most important and popular reasons to support NIMA.
- NIMA covers all medically necessary care.
- NIMA uses our healthcare dollars in the most efficient ways.
- NIMA means our healthcare dollars are used for health care for everyone, not profits for a few.
- NIMA gets rid of medical bills.
- NIMA is simpler for patients and health providers.
- NIMA gives health providers more time to spend with patients and less time on paperwork.
- NIMA frees business owners to focus on their business instead of worrying about the cost of health insurance.
- NIMA frees workers to leave their job if they don’t like it or to start their own business.
- NIMA provides peace of mind.
Support the real solution: NIMA! Don’t fall for schemes that are not NIMA.
Some proposals use the language of NIMA, but they are NOT NIMA.
Insurance companies must get out from between patients and their health providers.
Insurance companies, whether for-profit or non-profit, make our healthcare system more complicated and more expensive. They deny and restrict necessary medical care. They don’t belong in our healthcare system.